Throughout the course of treatment, the main rule is to SMILE. Be grateful for each day. Love your life and what you are learning. Stay positive. Know that with each step you take…the outcome will be great!
So here are the other rules for the patient...but good for the caregivers too:
- Smile (we already talked about that)
- Practice energy saving techniques: sit when you can (even loading the dishwasher or making a salad at the kitchen table).
- Take at least one nap a day in the afternoon, but limit it to 2 hours, so you can keep a normal day/night schedule.
- Keep a journal of daily activities that includes medications taken and any side effects or symptoms, so when you see your health care providers you can be accurate. In other words; it may seem like you feel like crap all day, but actually when you get accurate about it, it may only be if you don’t eat before you take your medication.
- Pay attention to what you eat and when. Your nutrition is critical to your wellness and will play a big role in helping you regain your strength.
We’ll get them out to you! xo Sally